These errors are commonly caused by Power Options. The operating system might went to Sleep Mode in Deep Security Agentless NSX environment. To confirm the cause, do the following:
- On the Deep Security Manager console, check the VMware Virtual Machine Summary in Computers. The VMware Tools status is "Not Running".
- Check the VMware Tools status in vSphere Web Client and it also shows "Not Running".
- From the machine's Control Panel, check the Power Options of the operating system. By default, the selected power plan is Balanced (recommended).
- Click Change plan settings link to see that the Put the computer to sleep value is 30 minutes.
Therefore, after 30 minutes of idle time, the computer goes into Sleep Mode. Once the computer goes into Sleep Mode, the VMware Tools feature stops running and after a heartbeat interval, the Anti-Malware will become offline.
To resolve the issue:
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound.
- Click Power Options.
- Under Balanced (recommended), click Change plan settings link.
- Modify the value of Put the computer to sleep to Never and click Save changes.
- Change the power plan to High performance.
- Click Change plan settings link and verify that the value of Put the computer to sleep is Never, which is the default settings.