After moving agents from an OfficeScan XG server to an Apex One server:
- The agent disappears from the OfficeScan XG web console
- The agent does not show up in the Apex One web console
From the Apex One server IIS Logs, HTTP Post for isapiClient.dll returns error 500:
2019-04-05 04:15:44 fe80::3d1c:256b:bbc:7b7e%3 POST /officescan/cgi/isapiClient.dll - 443 - fe80::3d1c:256b:bbc:7b7e%3 62691CB3BF62DAF233FB2C02782E7BD2+HTTP/1.1 - 500 0 193 0
To generate IIS logs, please make sure that the following are configured:
- When Apex Central and Apex One both use Default Website and are installed on the same server, they will make use of the same DefaultAppPool.
- Apex Central requires the following setting configured: IIS > Application Pools > DefaultAppPool > Advanced Settings > Enable 32-Bit Application > True.
- On the other hand, Apex One requires the following configuration: IIS > Application Pools > DefaultAppPool > Advanced Settings > Enable 32-Bit Application > Falseby default.
This causes an agent connection issue because by default, Apex One uses the 64-bit version of the \Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\Web_OSCE\Web\CGI\isapiClient.dll file.
Both Apex One web console and Apex Central web console are installed on the same server machine and are both using Default Website.
The recommended solution is do to either of the following:
- Install Apex One server on a different server machine.
- Install Apex One server on the same server machine, but use Virtual Directory instead of Default Website during installation.
To verify if the issue has been resolved:
- You should now be able to see the moved agent/s machine under Apex One web console > Agents > Agent Management.
- https://<Apex One FQDN or IP Address>/officescan/cgi/isapiClient.dll should display either of the following results when accessing it from a browser on the agent's machine:
If the issue still persists after doing the above steps, please help collect CDT logs. You can follow the steps in the following KB article: Using the Case Diagnostic Tool (CDT) to collect the information needed by Technical Support.
After collecting the needed logs, please submit a support ticket (include a link to this KB article as your prior actions taken) to Trend Micro Technical Support.