When using Microsoft Edge browser to access the Modify Spyware/Grayware Approved List page, one of the following issues happen:
- Blank page is seen
- "This site is not secure" message is shown
- Time-out prompt appears
This issue also happens whenever the “Modify Spyware/Grayware Approved List” page is accessed through the following:
- Devices > Configure Policy
- Scans > Manual Scan
- Scans > Scheduled Scan
As a wordaround, the Web Certificate of the WFBS console needs to be exported, and then import the certificate to the Root CA. Do the following steps:
- Visit the Web Console with the URL, and click the Certificate Error and View Certificate.
https://<Hostname or IP Address of the Security Server>/officescan/default_smb.htm
- Click Export to file and Save it to Desktop.
- Right-click on the exported web certificate, then select Install Certificate.
- Click Open. The Certificate Import Wizard will appear.
- Select Local Machine, and then click Next.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store and click Browse....
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities, click OK, and then Next.
- Click Finish, to complete the import of the Web Certificate.
- A prompt will appear to inform you that the import was successful.
- Restart the Microsoft Edge browser, and check if the “Modify Spyware/Grayware Approved List” can be accessed without issues.