There are no OfficeScan agents appearing in the console and you encounter the following symptoms:
- Checking IIS shows that there are a lot of 401 errors.
The 401 Unauthorized Error is an HTTP status code that means the page you were trying to access cannot be loaded until you first log in with a valid user ID and password.
- When performing the CAVIT test on the machine where the agents aren't appearing, you needs to enter the Windows Authentication to get the desired result (i.e. -2).
On the client side, it's [http://%3cOSCE]http://<OSCE Server IP>:<OSCE Domain Port>/officescan/cgi/cgionstart.exe.
If the next screen shows "-2", this means the client/agent can communicate with the server. Otherwise, there is a problem with the connection.
Enable Anonymous Authentication on the OfficeScan server to resolve the issue:
- Select the OfficeScan website under Sites in IIS.
- Select "Features View" on the lower part of the window.
- Double-click Authentication.
- Right-click Anonymous Authentication and select "Edit".
- Select "Specific user" and then click on the Set button.
- Type in the administrator username and password, then confirm the password in the text boxes.
- Click Ok.
- Restart World Wide Web Publishing and Officescan Master Service.