This article explains how to make sure that iOS phones will still charge on Windows 10 even when Mobile Device is set to BLOCK under Device Control.
To make sure that iOS phones will still charge even when Mobile Device is set to BLOCK under Device Control, the following must be configured and meet the criteria.
Set the “bypass_itunes_nonstor_usb_dc =true” in the dlp.ini file of the OfficeScan server:
- Open the dlp.ini file in the \PCCSRV\Private\ folder of the OfficeScan server.
- Under the Configure section, manually add the following key and value:
- Save the changes and close the file.
- Open the OfficeScan web console and click Agents > Agent Management > Select domains or agents > Settings > DLP settings.
- Click Save to deploy the settings to agents.
The OfficeScan server deploys the settings to OfficeScan agents and adds the following key in the dsa.pro file in the "\Windows\System32\dgagent\" folder:
The key “bypass_itunes_nonstor_usb_d =true” helps the iOS phone charge if:
- The Windows 10 version is RS4 (Build Number 17134) or later.
- The application iTunes has been installed.
The iOS phone will charge if: