In certain instances, issues may be encountered in the TMCM or Apex Central console because of the following:
- Changes in the permission on the default installation directory (..\Trend Micro\Control Manager)
- Permissions on the sub-folders are being changed by the policies on the environment (e.g. GPO)
Do the following steps to restore the default permissions on the TMCM/Apex Central Directories and its sub-folders:
- Go to the TMCM / Apex Central Server, and open Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Navigate to the installation directory of TMCM / Apex Central.
- Type "AddFilePermissions.exe", and then press Enter to execute the tool. Wait for the process to finish.
Once the tool completes the proces, the permissions on the TMCM / Apex Central directories will be restored to the default value. Verify if the console issue or other issues have been resolved.