You cannot recover the SuperUser password of an NGFW device, but you can reset it to a new value or create a new login with SuperUser privileges.Warning:
This procedure requires a reboot operation which will disrupt traffic!
1. Connect to the TPS device via the console serial port using a null modem cable. The terminal emulator software must be set to 115200bps, 8 Data Bits, No Parity, 1 Stop Bit. (115200,8,N,1)
2. Reboot the TPS device.
3. As the device is rebooting, watch for the word "Loading". You should see something similar to the following:
4. Type the word "mkey" within 3 seconds of seeing the word "Loading" and press <Enter>.
Note: if you do not type "mkey" before the dots "…" appear after the word "Loading" you will have to reboot the device and try again.
5. If successful, you will see the following prompts;
6. Enter Super User username: Type the account name you would like to reset or type a new account name and press <Enter>.
7. Enter Super User password: Enter your new password and press <Enter>.
8. Verify Super User password: Re-type the password to verify and press <Enter> again.
9. After entering the new password, you will see the following screen.
9. Login to the system with the new credentials.