|Profile Import Filter Behaviors|
|Filter||New||Replace||Combine (Add)||Combine (Change)|
|Attack Filter||Adds new||Delete and add all new||Adds from Snapshot. Does NOT overwrite user-modified filters.||Adds from Snapshot. Overwrites user-modified filters.|
|Traffic Management||Adds new||Delete and add all new||Adds all at top of list (default)||Adds all at top of list (default)|
|DDoS||Adds new||Delete and add all new||Adds all (unordered)||Adds all (unordered)|
|Traffic Threshold||Adds new||Delete and add all new||Adds all (unordered)||Adds all (unordered)|
|Category Settings||Adds all new||Delete and add all new||Adds individual category if non-DV default. Does NOT overwrite user-modified filters.||Adds individual category if non-DV default. Overwrites user-modified filters.|
|Profile Settings||Adds all new||Delete and add all new||Adds non-duplicated address pairs.||Adds non-duplicated address pairs.|
Log in to the SMS from a client.
- On the top Navigation menu click Profiles.
- In the Profiles navigation pane, click the Profile Inventory tab. The Profiles screen displays.
- Do one of the following:
- IIn the Profile Inventory section, click Import.
- On the Menu Bar, select the File -> Import -> IPS Profile menu item.
- Right-click an entry and click Import.
- In the Profile Import wizard:
- To import from a local file, select the Import from local file option and enter the Profile name of the file to import or browse to its location and then click Next.
- To import from a device segment, select the Import from Device Segment option, select the segment from the drop down box and click Next.
- To import from another SMS, select the Import from another SMS option, provide the SMS Server, Username, Password, and which Profile to Import. If you are creating a new profile, select Create a new profile, enter a new profile name. You have the option of using an embedded name if the imported profile has one.
- If you want to combine or replace an existing profile with the imported profile, select Use an existing profile, select Combine or Replace and then select an existing profile from the drop-down list.
- Create a new profile: creates a new profile. You have the option of using the name that is embedded in the package or a custom name. (Note: do not use special characters for the profile name.)
- Use an existing profile: uses an existing profile with the imported profile.
- Click Next.
- Review the summary information and click Finish to upload the profile. To make changes to your selection, click Previous and follow the appropriate steps.
Reference: SMS User Guide