CAUTION: You can apply a single snapshot to multiple devices. However, applying the snapshot to devices managed by an SMS can cause a device ID conflict. Do not apply a snapshot to multiple devices when managed by SMS.
How To: Common task
- From the LSM menu, click System > Update > Snapshots.
How To: Create a Snapshot
- In the Create snapshot field, type a name for the snapshot.
- Select the following if desired:
Include DV Reputation Database – Includes your custom IP and DNS reputation entries.
Include Manual Reputation Database – Includes the Threat DV package.
Include Management Port, Cluster and HA Configuration – Includes your configuration settings for the Management Port and HA.
- Click Create.
How To: Import a Snapshot
- In the Import Snapshot field, click Browse to select the file to import.
- Click Install. The selected snapshot uploads and displays in the list of snapshots.
How To: Restore a Snapshot
Restoring a snapshot forces a system reboot. You can only restore a snapshot when running the same software version that was used to create the snapshot. If you have upgraded the software, you must install the previous software version before restoring that snapshot.
- In the Current Snapshots section, locate the snapshot you want to Restore.
- Click the checkbox next to the snapshot you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
How To: Export a Snapshot
- In the Current Snapshots section, locate the snapshot you want to Export.
- Click the checkbox next to the snapshot you want to export.
- Click Export.
How To: Delete a Snapshot
- In the Current Snapshots section, locate the snapshot you want to Delete.
- Click the checkbox next to the snapshot you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
Reference: Local Security Manager User's Guide