CAUTION: You can apply a single snapshot to multiple devices. However, applying the snapshot to devices managed by an SMS can cause a device ID conflict. Do not apply a snapshot to multiple devices when managed by SMS.
How To: Common task
- From the LSM menu, click System > Update > System Snapshots.
How To: Create a Snapshot
- In the Create snapshot field, type a name for the snapshot.
- Select the following if desired:
- Include Reputation addresses: to include any user-entered IP and DNS reputation entries.
- Include Reputation DV: to include the files from the Reputation DV package.
- Include Management Port Configuration
- Click Create.
How To: Import a Snapshot
- In the Import Snapshot field, click Browse tto select the file to import.
- Click Install. The selected snapshot uploads and displays in the list of snapshots.
How To: Restore a Snapshot
When you restore a snapshot, you replace all current settings with those from the snapshot. After restoring a snapshot, the device will always restart.
- In the Current Snapshots section, locate the snapshot you want to Restore.
- Under the Function(s) column for the snapshot you want to restore, click Restore.
How To: Export a Snapshot
- In the Current Snapshots section, locate the snapshot you want to Export.
- In the Function(s) column, click the Export button. When you export a snapshot, you save the snapshot to a local directory to later import if needed.
How To: Delete a Snapshot
- In the Current Snapshots section, locate the snapshot you want to Delete.
- Click the Delete icon.
Reference: Local Security Manager User's Guide