Note: Beginning with SMS v5.0, the device management restriction has been removed. The amount of devices being managed is only restricted by the amount of RAM and disk space available.
How To: Upgrade an SMS License Key
- Contact your TippingPoint sales representative to purchase a new license.
- After you have purchased the new license, TippingPoint will make the license available for you.
- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- On the SMS toolbar select Admin.
- On the Navigation pane select General.
- The SMS Node Count License section displays you current Node Count:
- To upgrade do one of the following:
- Click Upgrade.
- Select the menu item File->Upgrade SMS License.
- In the Upgrade License section, enter the New License Key.
- Click Apply.
Reference: SMS User Guide