- Backup the DEMO vSMS system.
- Export profiles separately.
- Unmanage devices from the DEMO vSMS.
- Obtain the vSMS Software from the Threat Managemnt Center (TMC).
- Obtain the vSMS Certification String.
- Deploy the vSMS Software.
- Start the vSMS Software.
- NOTE: As the vSMS starts up, the TippingPoint splash screen is displayed for up to 90 seconds. System status messages are written to the serial port and then displayed on the monitor. After powering up the server, the vSMS Hardware Out-of-Box (OBE) Setup Wizard prompts you to perform basic configuration tasks and to periodically input information.
- Configure the vSMS server.
- NOTE: The vSMS server will re-boot after the configuration is complete.
- Allow the vSMS server to complete the reboot and configuration.
- Install the new Client Software.
- Restore the database from the DEMO vSMS.
- If the IP address you gave the vSMS server is different than the old SMS, then you must delete all the IPS devices and re-manage them. If the IP address is the same as the old server then the IPSs should be ok.
- Redistribute your profiles to all devices and segments from the new vSMS.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
How do I migrate from a DEMO vSMS to a purchased vSMS
Category:Configure; Troubleshoot; Deploy
Thank you for your feedback!