In order to upgrade from a trial version to a standard version, you will need to install the your purchased license key. The vTPS Software License Key is provided as a text file. After you receive the license key, save the key to a storage location that is accessible from your virtual environment.
Software License Key installation from LSM
- Log in to the vTPS device vis the LSM.
- Select System -> System, DV, License.
- On the System Software, Digital Vaccine, Certificate and Licenses page, click Install Certificate.
- In the dialog screen that is displayed, browse to the location where you saved the license key file that TippingPoint sent you and click Install.
- After the Software License Key is installed, click OK to reboot your device. The device starts up in Standard Mode.
Software License Key installation from SMS
- Log in to your SMS client with an account that has the capability to add devices in SMS.
- Add the vTPS device, which will be in Trial Mode (Devices -> All Devices -> New Device).
- Right-click on the device and select Edit -> Install Certificate.
- Browse to and select the vTPS certificate license file, and then click OK.
The distribution process displays on the Distribution Progress panel. When the process is complete, the vTPS reboots, at which point the new certificate is loaded on the device and the vTPS starts up in Standard Mode. The device status changes from Trial Mode to Standard Mode in the SMS client.