- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- From the top menu select the Edit -> Preferences option from the Menu Bar. The System Preferences dialog box displays.
- Select Security.
- Select Security Level.
|Security Level||Password Requirement|
|Level 0 - Low Security||A password does NOT have to be defined. If you choose to define a password, any length and format is allowed. A password can NOT contain spaces.|
|Level 1 - Medium Security||Passwords must contain at least 8 characters without spaces.|
|Level 2 - High Security||Passwords must meet Level 1 restrictions and the following:- Must contain at least two alphabetic characters- Must contain at least one numeric character- Must contain at least one non-alphanumeric character. A non-alphanumeric character includes any character that is not a digit or a letter. Do not use spaces in the password.|
- In the Password area, select any of the following options you want to enable:
- Require Login for Web Access
- Require Password to be different from User ID
- Lock User after failed login attempts; Note: If you select this option, enter the number of failed login attempts (from 2 to 10) in the Threshold box.
- In the TMC Information Share area, select any of the following options you want to enable:
- Enable update tracking on TMC.
- Enable TMC Polling for DV and OS updates - periodically checks the TMC for updates.
- Enable ThreatLinQ Event Sharing - provides the option to hide IP Addresses in ThreatLinQ.
- Select Enable sharing CVE coverage gaps to help TippingPoint improve DV coverage to determine whether the SMS client can upload CVEs to the TMC.
- In the Client Preferences area, select any of the following options you want to enable:
- Select Allow storing the username and server used to login to this SMS to allow or prevent the client from caching login information.
- Select Timeout client session after inactivity to allow or prevent the client from ending a session after a specified period of inactivity. If enabled, use the Time field to set the number of minutes (10– 600) a user can be inactive before the session is ended.
- Select Auto reconnect client to server after a disconnect occurs to allow the SMS client to automatically reconnect to the SMS server if the client is unable to connect to the server.
- Click OK.
Reference: SMS User Guide