A Segment Group is a grouping of device segments, physical or virtual, that are set up in a specific combination that allows users to maintain settings and files distribution. Users can then associate a particular profile of filters to the segment group. These groups can be used to provide greater management and distribution of profiles and updates for Digital Vaccine, package, TOS software, and SMS software. Through the Devices >Segment Groups screen, you can create and manage groups of device segments.
Note: A segment can only be a member of one group and have only one distributed profile at any given time. You cannot add a segment to multiple groups. However, you can have many profiles point to the same segment. When you distribute a profile the segment replaces the currently used profile.
- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- On the SMS toolbar, navigate to the Devices > All Devices and expand the tab.
- Select the Segment Groups tab.
- To create a new Segment Group do one of the following:
- Click New.
- Right-click and select New.
- On the top menu select File > New->Segment Group.
- The Segment Group Edit dialog displays.
- In the Group Name field, specify a name for the group.
- In the Non Members pane, select how you want to organize the list: by Device or by Segment Group.
- Select one or more devices from the list. You can select multiple devices by clicking and dragging your cursor over the names and using the Shift and Ctrl keys.
- Click the right arrow button to move the selected device to the right Group Members pane.
- Click OK. The segment group displays in the Devices Navigation pane and Devices>Segment Group screen.
Reference: SMS User Guide