- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- On the SMS toolbar, navigate to the Responder > Actions tab screen.
- On the Response Actions section do one of the following:
- Click New.
- Right-click and select New.
- From the SMS toolbar select File > New > Action
- The Create New Response Action setup wizard displays.
- Select the Action Name and Type tab and enter the required information;
- Name: Enter a name that will be used to identify the action.
- Action Type: From the drop-down menu select Move Quarantined Host onto a VLAN
- Click Next or the VLAN Name tab and enter the required information;
- VLAN Name: Named VLAN for use by network equipment that recognizes names. The actual interpretation of the name is configured on each device.
- VLAN ID: Numeric tag, assumed to be 802.1Q compatible that has a max value of 4094.
- If you want to test this action, click Test.
- If you want to read special instructions for this action, click Next or select Implementation from the wizard navigation pane.
- Click Finish to complete your setup.
Reference: SMS User Guide