On the Device Configuration (HA (High Availability)) screen, you can configure the following:
Intrinsic HA: Directs the flow of network traffic between devices and ports when the current device fails-over.
Transparent HA: Provides the same traffic management as INHA without the time and performance spent building a connection table from scratch. TRHA actively updates the connection tables between the devices for possible fail-over.
Zero Power HA: Zero Power High Availability (ZPHA) that ensures constant, non-interrupted flow of network traffic. If the power is interrupted, the ZPHA bypasses the IPS device, thus providing continuous network traffic.
How To: Configure Network HA
- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- On the SMS toolbar, navigate to the Devices->All Devices and expand the tab.
- Select an N-Platform IPS device from the display window and do one of the following:
- Right-click and select Edit->Device Configuration.
- On the top menu select Edit->Details->Device Configuration.
- Double-click the device and click on Device Configuration tab.
- On the Device Configuration Wizard screen, click the HA (High Availability) tab.
- For Intrinsic HA, select one of the following and then click Apply:
- Normal: Overrides all INHA settings
- Layer-2 Fallback: Enables INHA configurations per segment
- For Transparent HA;
- Click the Enable check box.
- Enter the Partner IP Address.
- For Zero Power HA: select one of the following and then click Apply:
- Normal (default)
- Bypass IPS - for pass-through traffic
- Click OK to update the device.