Note: Alert notification is controlled by the aggregation period that you configured during the initial Email or SNMP Notification setup. The aggregation period is the amount of time that the device will accrue alerts before it sends a notification. The first time a particular filter is triggered, a notification is sent to the alert contact target. At the same time, the aggregation timer starts ticking down the aggregation period. During the aggregation period, further packet triggers are counted, but no notification is sent. At the end of the aggregation period, a second notification, including the packet count, is sent. The timer and the counter are reset, and will continue to cycle as long as the filter in question is active.
CAUTION: Short aggregation periods can significantly affect system performance. The shorter the aggregation period, the higher the system load. In the event of a flood attack, a short aggregation period can lead to system performance problems.
- Log in to the SMS from a client.
- From the top navigation pane, click Profiles. The Profiles screen displays.
- From the navigation pane on the left, click the + sign next to the IPS Profiles to expand the category and select Shared Settings.
- Select the Notification Contacts tab.
- For the Management Console Aggregation, enter an amount of minutes from 0 to 10,800.
- For the Device Remote Syslog Aggregation, enter an amount of minutes from 0 to 10,800.
- Click Save.
Reference: SMS User Guide