Renewals & Registration
Activation Code (AC)
Select a product below for help finding your Activation Code, Pattern File, or Scan Engine Version. You may also log in to the Customer Licensing Portal (CLP) to access this information.
How do I register my product?
- Log in to the Online Registration System for your location/language:
- Click the Register Your Product button. Then the Enter Registration Key window will appear.
- Enter the product key. The Activation Code (AC) will be sent via email.
What if I encounter errors accessing the registration site?
Delete your browser's temporary internet files.
For Internet Explorer:
- Close all browser windows.
- Open a new Internet Explorer window.
- Click Tools > Internet Options > General tab.
- Go to the Browsing History section and click Delete.
For Google Chrome
- Open a Chrome window.
- Click the Tools icon in the upper-right corner, then select Options.
- Go to the Under the Hood tab and click the Clear browsing data button.
- Tick the Empty the cache checkbox.
- Select the time range from the Obliterate the following items from dropdown.
- Click the Clear browsing data button.
What & where is the Registration Key (RK)?
The Registration Key (RK) is used to register and to get an activation code or serial number. The activation code will be used to activate your product, NOT the RK.
The RK will be sent to you via e-mail when you purchase your Trend Micro product. You will be prompted for the RK during product installation.
The RK consists of two letters, followed by four groups of four digits or 22 digits in all, including hyphens. It is not case-sensitive.
What & where is the Activation Code (AC)?
An Activation Code (AC) is used to activate your Trend Micro product. Without the AC, these products will still be installed, but their update and scanning features will be disabled.
It consists of two letters followed by four numbers, and then by five groups of five numbers, or 37 digits in all, including hyphens.
The AC is typically received once you register your product.
Can I change my login ID after registration?
No. Your login ID is set during registration and cannot be subsequently changed.
What should I do if forgot my password of login ID?
Replace lost or forgotten passwords at the Online Registration System by doing the following:
- Click the Forgot your ID/Password link.
- Enter your login ID and the email address associated with the account during initial registration.
A new password will be sent to the email address.
Contact Trend Micro Customer Service for assistance.
What should I do if my Activation Code is lost, stolen or forgotten?
Lost or Stolen Activation Code (AC)
Contact Trend Micro immediately to report a lost or stolen AC. Trend Micro will invalidate the code and provide a replacement to the rightful licensee.
If you have forgotten your AC, but have already registered with Trend Micro and set up an account, do the following to locate your AC:
- Log into the Online Registration System.
- Retrieve your Activation Code from your account information.
Otherwise, contact Trend Micro Customer Service.
Do Activation Codes expires?
Activation Codes are permanent for as long as customers have renewed their license and maintenance.
Activation Codes are associated with the customer’s license and maintenance period. The maintenance period is typically one year, but various time limits are possible.
Will I be notified before my maintenance expires?
Yes. Email notifications will be sent to registered customers at least 60 days prior to the maintenance expiration date. Renewing maintenance ensures continued access to Trend Micro Technical Support, as well as the latest product and security updates.
What is a trial version Registration Key?
It is used for activating the trial versions of all Product Registration (PR)-enabled products. Upon registration of this key, a trial version Activation Code (AC) will be generated. PR-enabled products need an AC so that the update and scanning features will not be disabled.
This is different from Trend Micro legacy products,which automatically enable the 30-day trial period when no serial number (SN) is specified during installation.
For North America
Online renewals are available for customers in US and Canada for up to 100 users and 6 months post product expiration (stated in your maintenance agreement contract). Click a product below to Renew Online Now.
Business Products Available for Online Renewal
- Worry-Free Business Security Advanced
- Worry-Free Business Security Standard
- Worry-Free Business Security Services
- Anti-Spyware for Small and Medium Business
- NetSuite for Small and Medium Business
- InterScan VirusWall
- Hosted Email Security
- Hosted Email Security Inbound Filtering
- OfficeScan Client Edition
- ScanMail for Exchange
- ServerProtect for Windows
- Spam Prevention Solution for Linux - RedHat
- Spam Prevention Solution for Solaris
- Spam Prevention Solution for Windows
If your product is NOT listed above and/or you would like to renew 100+ licenses, please call your Trend Micro account manager, find a reseller, OR contact us by:
Product-Specific Renewal Help
Below are the popular product renewal Knowledge Base articles for specific products:
- Renewing the Product License for Control Manager 5.0/5.5
- Renewing the Product License for InterScan Messaging Security Suite 7.0/7.1 via the management console
- Renewing the Activation Code/License for InterScan Web Security Suite 3.1
- Renewing and updating the OfficeScan 10/10.5/10.6 Product License
- Renewing and updating the ScanMail for Exchange 10 license
Auto-Renew Program for Small Business Products
The Auto-Renewal Program is an easy and convenient way to ensure that your computer, personal data and financial information always remain protected. With our Auto-Renewal Program, the license for your Trend Micro product will be extended automatically before it expires, providing you with seamless protection.
For more details, refer to the KB article Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Auto-Renew program for Trend Micro Small Business products.
Maintenance Renewal Help
Keep Your Company Protected from Internet Threats
A Renewal is an extension of your existing maintenance contract for a period of 12 months or longer. The purchase of a Renewal is an entitlement to:
- Product updates
- Content security updates and/or service updates
- Web or e-mail based technical support from Trend Micro or an authorized reseller
Renewing ensures protection against new malware, breaches, and other security risks. To renew your product or for further renewal information, select your location below:
Alternatively you can contact your reseller or visit our Partner Locator.
Where to Buy & Corporate Contacts
Find the support contact information for EMEA region to address concerns on Trend Micro products.
Trend Micro Offices
- Czech Republic
- Germany, Austria & Switzerland
- Norway & Iceland
- United Kingdom & Ireland
- Central & South Eastern Europe
Where to Buy
Home & Home User Products
Small & Medium Business Products
Enterprise Business Products