CVE Identifier(s): CVE-2019-15626, CVE-2019-15627
CVSS v3 Score(s): 6.8, 6.2
Severity Rating(s): Medium
Trend Micro has released updates for Deep Security and Vulnerability Protection that resolve StartTLS LDAP Confidentiality and Local Arbitrary File Overwrite vulnerabilities.
|Deep Security||Version 12.0||All||English|
|Vulnerability Protection||Version 2.0||All||English|
Trend Micro has released the following solutions to address the issue:
|Deep Security||12.0 Update 1/2||DSM (U1)|
|11.0 Update 13/16||DSM (U13)|
|10.0 Update 21/22||DSM (U21)|
|Vulnerability Protection||2.0 SP2 Patch 7 CP2||Readme||Now|
* Depending on the version, some issues may have been technically addressed in an earlier patch version and these are the minimum versions listed for protection; however, it is highly recommended that customers apply the latest patch (if there is a newer one available) to protect against both vulnerabilities.
Customers are encouraged to visit Trend Micro’s Download Center to obtain prerequisite software (such as Service Packs) before applying any of the solutions above.
These updates resolve the following in affected versions of Trend Micro Deep Security:
Deep Security Manager and Vulnerability Manager
- CVE-2019-15626: CVSS v3.1 6.8 (Medium) - AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:N/A:N – The Deep Security Manager and Vulnerability Manager applications, when configured in a certain way, may transmit initial LDAP communication in clear text. This may result in confidentiality impact but does not impact integrity or availability.
Deep Security Agent
- CVE-2019-15627: CVSS v3.0 6.2 (Medium) - AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H – Affected versions of the Deep Security Agent are vulnerable to an arbitrary file delete attack, which may lead to availability impact. Local OS access is required. Please note that only Windows agents are affected.
Customers are highly encouraged to update to the latest versions as soon as possible.
Exploiting these types of vulnerabilities generally require that an attacker has access (physical or remote) to a vulnerable machine. In addition to timely application of patches and updated solutions, customers are also advised to review remote access to critical systems and ensure policies and perimeter security is up to date.
However, even though an exploit may require several specific conditions to be met, Trend Micro strongly encourages customers to update to the latest builds as soon as possible.
Trend Micro would like to thank the following individuals for responsibly disclosing these issues and working with Trend Micro to help protect our customers:
- Engineers working within ASDT at the UK Ministry of Defense - CVE-2019-15626
- Peter Lapp (firstname.lastname@example.org) - CVE-2019-15627