After applying the Anti-Malware (AM) rule to Deep Security Agent (DSA), it may crash randomly. When you try to connect the machine using SSH, it does not respond. Disabling the AM module or rebooting the machine can help resolve the issue, but this article further explains the root cause and appropriate solution.
The issue happens because Deep Security Agent does not officially support Gluster Filesystem (GlusterFS).
As a workaround, add the GlusterFS to exclusions.
- On the Deep Security Manager (DSM) console, go to the security profile or policy assigned to the machine.
- Go to Anti-Malware > Real-Time Scan.
- Click the Exclusions tab.
- Under Directory List, click Create New or Edit the existing exclusions.
- Add the following entries:
- Save the changes.
For more information, refer to this Red Hat article: Server became hung when using Trend Micro real-time scanner with gluster storage.