Refer to the following table for Portable Security 3.0 system requirements.
The following information are the System Requirements for Portable Security 3.0.5030.
|Management Program||Scanning Tool & Scanning Tool Agent|
|Operating System||Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate SP1 (32/64bit)|
Windows 8 Pro / Enterprise (32/64bit) *1
Windows 8.1 Pro / Enterprise (32/64bit) *1
Windows 10Pro / Enterprise (32/64bit)
Windows Server 2008 Standard / Enterprise SP2 (32/64bit)
Windows Server 2008 Standard / Enterprise R2 SP1 (64bit)
Windows Server 2012 Standard / Datacenter / Foundation / Essentials (64bit)
Windows Server 2012 Standard / Datacenter / Foundation / Essentials R2 (64bit)
Windows Server 2016 Standard / Essentials (64-bit)
Windows Server 2019 Standard / Essentials (64-bit)
|Windows 2000 SP3 / SP4 (32bit) *2|
Windows Vista Business / Enterprise / Ultimate SP1 / SP2 (32/64bit)
Windows XP Professional SP1 / SP2 / SP3 (32/64bit) *3
Windows XP Embedded SP1 / SP2 / SP3 (32bit) *4
Windows Embedded Standard 2009 (32bit) *4
Windows Embedded Standard 7 (32/64bit)
Windows Embedded POSReady2009 (32bit)
Windows Embedded POSReady7 (32bit)
Windows XP Professional for Embedded Systems SP1 / SP2 / SP3 (32bit)
Windows Vista for Embedded Systems SP1 / SP2 (32bit)
Windows 7 for Embedded Systems SP1 (32/64bit)
Windows 8 Standard for Embedded Systems (32/64bit)
Windows 8.1 Pro / Industry for Embedded Systems (32/64bit)
Windows 10 Home / IoT Enterprise (32/64bit)
Windows Server 2003 Standard / Enterprise R2 (32/64bit)
Windows Server 2003 for Embedded Systems SP1 / SP2 (32bit), R2 (32bit)
Windows Server 2008 for Embedded Systems (32/64bit), R2 (64bit)
Windows Server 2012 for Embedded Systems (32/64bit), R2 (64bit)
CentOS 6 (32/64bit) / CentOS 7 (32/64bit) / CentOS 8 (64bit)
RHEL 6 (32/64bit) / RHEL 7 (64bit) / RHEL8 (64bit)
Ubuntu 14.04 to 20.10 (32/64bit) NEW
|CPU||Same as the minimum system requirements for each OS|
|Memory||Same as the minimum system requirements for each OS|
|Free HDD space required||300MB||200MB|
|Display resolution||1024 x 768 or more||640 x 480 or more|
|Supported languages||MUI (English, Japanese)||MUI (English, Japanese)|
*1 Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 installed on tablet terminals are not supported. Windows RT 8 and Windows RT 8.1 are not supported.
*2 Only support for functions which are related to Virus scan & Asset Information Collection on Windows 2000 SP3/SP4. For more information about Windows 2000 support, please see Legal Disclaimer.
*3 Windows XP with no service pack is not supported.
*4 These OS are a componentized version of Windows XP Professional. When the OS components are customized by customer, we may not offer support.
* Each Portable Security 3.0 is entitled to 1 year free hardware warranty. Upon renewal of the software license, the hardware warranty will be also extended for the same renewal period, subject to a maximum warranty period for the hardware of 5 years.
* Contents of system requirements such as supported OS and hard disk capacity are subject to change without notice due to the end of OS support and product improvements by Trend Micro.
* Rescue Disk does not support if the system does not support booting from USB devices, uses EFI/UEFI, has a RAID environment, the HDD is initialized with GPT instead of MBR, or the HDD is connected via SCSI, etc.
* Portable Security 3.0 does not have the real-time scanning function.
* Portable Security 3.0 cannot be used as a general USB flash drive because it does not have the data storage area for customers.
* A log is created on the local hard disk of the scanning target computer at USB boot scanning.
* Portable Security 3.0 cannot be used with Storage Area Networks (SANs).
* Some functions of Portable Security 3.0, such as version upgrade or device reset, cannot work on the PC with encryption software. In these conditions, Trend Micro cannot advise which features will work correctly or not, since the specifications of encryption software can vary widely. As Portable Security 3.0 cannot function correctly on a PC with encryption software, please consider preparing the PC without encryption software.
Supported file system in on-demand scan and boot scan(Rescue Disk):
|Operating System||File System|
|Windows||NTFS and FAT|
|Linux||EXT, EXT2, EXT3, EXT4 and XFS|
For more information, refer to the KB article on Using the Rescue Disk feature of Portable Security.