There is a failure in deploying policy in Apex One. The following errors can be seen:
- "System error. Error ID: -1” in Apex One server policy
- "System error. Error ID: 420” in Apex One security agent
Root Cause Analysis
- From Apex One ofcserver.ini located at ...\Trend Micro\Apex One\PCCSRV\Private, it shows a different IP Address entry compared to the IP address being accessed by Apex Central during Policy Deployment:
[SERVER_HOSTINFO] IP1=<Different IP Address> HOST_NAME=<FQDN of Apex One Server>
- From Agent.ini located under ..\Trend Micro\Apex One\PCCSRV\CmAgent\, it shows the same IP Address found on the diagnostic.log of Apex Central:
IPAddressList=<IP Address found in diagnostic.log>
- From Product.ini located under ..\Trend Micro\Apex One\PCCSRV\CmAgent\:
This issue is caused by a misconfigured Two-way commnunication port-forwarding setting on the Apex One server. From the findings above, the Two-way communication setting (for the NAT environment) is using the IP address found under Agent.ini, instead of the one found under ofcserver.ini.
To resolve this issue, disable Two Way-communication setting found on the Apex One web console under Administration > Settings > Apex Central.
Re-deploy the policy and check if the same issue persists. If the issue persists, do the following:
- Collect CDT Log by following this KB article: Using the Case Diagnostic Tool (CDT) to collect the information needed by Technical Support
- Apex Central Server CDT
- Apex One Server CDT
- Submit support ticket to Technical Support.