Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud solution for accessing e-mail, calendar, and Microsoft Office tools. It allows organizations to host their entire e-mail architecture at an off-site location.
Trend Micro has designed Trend Micro Email Security (TMEMS) for customers who are using either cloud-based or on-site e-mail.
Unlike traditional on-site e-mail solutions where a simple cable could be moved in order to add a layer of protection, cloud-based solutions require a different approach. This document highlights the benefits of Trend Micro Email Security for Microsoft Office 365 customers, as well as step-by-step instruction on integration. This integration guide assumes a functioning Microsoft Office 365 deployment.
The integration guide covers the following:
- Benefits of combining Trend Micro Email Security and Microsoft Office 365
- Understanding how e-mail flow works
- Inbound mail setup
- Configuring Trend Micro Email Security settings
- Configuring Microsoft Office 365 settings
- Point the domain’s MX record to Trend Micro Email Security
- Outbound mail setup
- Configure Trend Micro Email Security settings
- Configure Microsoft Office 365 settings
- Add an e-mail flow rule to use the TMEMS outbound connector