Customizing “Community Name” for SNMP Service in Smart Protection Server (SPS) 3.0/3.1 will cause the web console to display status errors after migrating to SPS 3.3 via the Migration Tool.
The Migration Tool was introduced in SPS 3.2 and 3.3 which provides a fast and easy way to migrate the settings and reputation database from old SPS 3.0 or 3.1. (As in the Appendix A, Smart Protection Server 3.2/3.3 Installation & Upgrade Guide)
However, if the “Community Name” is changed in “SNMP Service” setting in the old SPS, the new (migrated) SPS (3.2/3.3) will have trouble displaying the service/system status. Users will see the following errors:
To fix this issue, reset the Community Name of SPS:
- Log in to the SPS web console as Admin.
- Open the SNMP Service page via Administration > SNMP Service.
- Reset the "Community Name". Set the “Community Name” back to its default name which is “SmartProtectionServer” then click Save.
- Set it back to the customized name then click Save.
- Wait for about 1 minute then check the widget status and service status from the SPS web console.