When you try to install latest OfficeScan patch, you received the following error:
This Critical Patch applies to XG Service Pack 1. Please install Service Pack 1 first. Installation aborts.
Upon checking the TmPatch.log, it shows the following:
[2020-04-22:20:51:48]EventHandler('Check1.Success.',OldRet=0) [2020-04-22:20:51:48]Return=TMHF_CONTINUE -> Check current service version [2020-04-22:20:51:48]CheckNumberMin(Min='4345',value='1000') failed! [2020-04-22:20:51:48]*** Warning: Item 'Check2.CustomizedFailureMsg' not found in Section 'ProductInstall.CheckRequirement.2' ! - 1000 (Failed) [2020-04-22:20:51:48]EventHandler('Check2.Error.',OldRet=-1) [2020-04-22:20:51:48]AskOK=This Critical Patch applies to XG Service Pack 1. Please install Service Pack 1 first. Installation aborts. [2020-04-22:20:52:11]After show message to user, user choose OK to continue installation. [2020-04-22:20:52:11]@@@ Session name ['ProductInstall.CheckRequirement.2'] return code = -300 [2020-04-22:20:52:11]EventHandler('Step2.Error.',OldRet=-300) [2020-04-22:20:52:11]EventHandler() return code = -300 [2020-04-22:20:52:11]EventHandler return code = -300 Installation terminated by user!
Verify the server build and version:
- In registry key:
- Go to Start > Run.
- Type "regedit" to open the Registry Editor.
- Open this path:
- For 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\OfficeScan\service\Information
- For 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TrendMicro\OfficeScan\service\Information
- Verify the following parameter values:
Server_Build = 1000
Server_Version = 12.0
ServerPack_Build = 4345
- In ofcscan.ini:
- Go to ..\PCCSRV\ofcscan.ini.
- Go to the [INI_PROGRAM_VERSION_SECTION] section and verify the following parameter values:
PccNT_Version = 12.0
PccX64_Version = 12.0
- In hotfix_history.ini:
- Go to ..\PCCSRV\Admin\hotfix_history.ini.
- Check the last successful patch installation date:
- In ofcservice.exe:
- Go to..\PCCSRV\Web\Service.
- Right-click ofcservice.exe.
- Select Properties > Details > Check File version: 188.8.131.520.
The logs denote that the checking of build for OfficeScan has failed since the Server_Build parameter from registry has an inaccurate value.
This usually happens when a user has a previous case wherein replacing the ofcservice.exe using the debug build with File Version: 184.108.40.2060 addressed the issue. For a permanent solution to their previous case, the user should apply an official hot fix or patch release associated with ofcservice.exe that was provided by our DEV Team, on their OfficeScan server.
To resolve the issue regarding the inaccurate ofcservice.exe file version and to proceed with the server upgrade:
- Log on to the OfficeScan server as administrator or with an administrator-level account.
- Back up the outdated ofcservice.exe with File Version: 220.127.116.110 under the ..\PCCSRV\Web\Service installation directory.
- Stop the OfficeScan Master Service.
- Make sure you restore the accurate value of ofcservice.exe based on the last successful patch installation date from hotfix_history.ini or you may also check its backup from the ..\PCCSRV\Backup\CriticalPatch_Bxxx folder.
- Remove the outdated file and restore the updated ofcservice.exe with File Version: 12.0.0.xxxx.
- Start the OfficeScan Master Service and check the registry if it reflects the correct build:
Registry Path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TrendMicro\OfficeScan\service\Information
Value = xxxx
- Once you've confirmed that it's already on right server build, please proceed to the latest patch installation again.
The installation should now proceed with successful results.