In some cases, the ofcscan.ini under Trend Micro\Apex One\PCCSRV (for Apex One Server) or Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV (for OfficeScan) may encounter some problems, such as:
- The ofcscan.ini file is missing
- The ofcscan.ini filehas become corrupted
- There are missing sections in the ofcscan.ini, such as ‘[Global Setting]’
This article shows you the procedure on how to do a rollback for the ofcscan.ini file to resolve these issues.
Follow the steps below to roll back to the last version of ofcscan.ini before the latest applied patch:
- Navigate to ..\Trend Micro\[Apex One or OfficeScan]\PCCSRV\, and rename the ofcscan.ini ofcscan.ini.bak to create a backup.
- Find a copy of the ofcscan.ini file, under ..\Trend Micro\Apex One\PCCSRV\Backup\[Patch2_Bxxxx] or [CriticalPatch_Bxxxx].
- Manually check the integrity of the ofcscan.ini to be rolled back to.
- Place a copy of ofcscan.ini file, from Step 2, to the ..\Trend Micro\[Apex One or OfficeScan]\PCCSRV\ directory.
- Login to the Admin Console, then go to Agents > Global Agent Settings > Save to deploy the Global Settings to the agents.
- Check if the issue caused by the faulty ofcscan.ini is resolved.
If the issue persists, contact Trend Micro Technical Support for assistance.