TMMS employs a network traffic decryption check by design. An upcoming certificate security upgrade on July 15, 2020 on the server side will prevent the decryption check from becoming faulty in the near future.
However, TMMS versions below 9.8 SP4 Build 3068 utilizing one of the two following scenarios below may encounter issues:
Note the console path to the settings: MDM Server Web console > Policies > Device Security >Security Policy
- Scenario 1: Network Traffic Decryption enabled
If this policy is checked, the device security scan will change to “At-risk” or “Dangerous” during the certificate security upgrade.
- Scenario 2: Both Network Traffic Decryption and Network protection enabled
When both settings are enabled, the device security scan will change to “At-risk” or “Dangerous” during the certificate security upgrade, and the device Wi-Fi will be turned off automatically. It will have to be turned on manually.
Recommendation for Mitigation:
The following must be done to mitigate this impact:
- Upgrade iOS agents to the latest version via App Store.
- Upgrade Android agents to the latest version via Google Play if Android agents are dispatched via Google Play (the current latest version is 9.8.3027).
- Upgrade the TMMS server to 9.8 SP4 (version 9.8.3068). If Android agent is dispatched via the TMMS server, then push the agent upgrade to all devices.
Download TMMS for Enterprise 9.8 SP4.
We appreciate your patience as we are conducting this upgrade to avoid this issue.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Technical Support or your assigned Customer Service Manager.