Trend Micro™ XDR collects and correlates deep activity data across multiple vectors - email, endpoints, servers, cloud workloads, and networks. This enables a level of detection and investigation that is difficult or impossible to achieve with SIEM or individual point solutions. With XDR Complimentary Access, you can now add XDR capabilities to 10% of your licensed seats for the length of your contract (e.g. 5,000 Apex One users = 500 free XDR licenses).
This article provides information about the process for onboarding and migrating to a paid license.
Who will receive the XDR promotion?
- Customers with valid Endpoint protection license that has not yet expired or is currently within grace period.
- Those with License seat count >= 100 or AMEA/Japan customers whose EPP License seat count is >=250.
- Those with CLP account which never have had a Full/Trial SaaS iES license (which is also called paid/trial EDR license) and never had an Apex One on-premise EDR license.
- Those who have not been on-boarded to XDR yet.
What will I see in Apex One as a Service?
- Pop-up for XDR promotion
- Only the Admin (i.e. user account belongs to Administrators / Administrator_and_DLP_Compliance_Officer group) will see this pop-up.
- If the XDR promotion pop-up has been displayed before, the Admin user can re-open the promotion pop-up by clicking the button on the promotion notification bar.
- Promotion notification bar
How do I proceed with the onboarding process?
- Click [Get Trend Micro XDR Now] to redirect to the XDR Onboarding Portal.
- Users can easily log into the XDR Onboarding portal by SSO if they log into Apex Central with a CLP account.
- Once users log into the XDR Onboarding portal, it will prompt the XDR tutorial.
- Once users are on-boarded, the promotion notification bar will prompt different message.
If I would like to use XDR on more agents, how do I migrate to paid license?
- You need to purchase an XDR Add-on license (SaaS).
- Once this license is active from CLP, you can convert Complimentary XDR to full mode via Apex One policy.
- Full XDR customers will see the promotion bar to the XDR console (by data center).