Trend Micro™ XDR collects and correlates deep activity data across multiple vectors - email, endpoints, servers, cloud workloads, and networks. This enables a level of detection and investigation that is difficult or impossible to achieve with SIEM or individual point solutions. With XDR Complimentary Access, you can now add XDR capabilities to 10% of your licensed seats for the length of your contract (e.g. 5,000 Apex One users = 500 free XDR licenses).
This article provides information about the process for on-boarding and migrating to a paid license.
Prerequisite for XDR Complimentary access
- Have a valid Apex One License that is not expired or still in its grace period
- No active XDR or Apex One EDR Full license
- No active XDR or Apex One EDR trial license
- XDR not previously activated & onboarded
- Americas/Europe customers whose Apex One License seat count >= 100 or AMEA/Japan customers whose Apex One License seat count >=250
- XDR availability depends on provisioning schedule for regions as below:
- Last Update: 14 Jul 2020
Data Center XDR site (June) XDR Promotion Activation centralus US ✔️ westeurope EU ✔️ (ETA Jul.15th) southeastasia SG/AMEA ❌ (ETA Aug.1st) japaneast JP ❌ (ETA Sept.14th) australiaeast US ❌ (ETA Aug.1st) canadacentral US ✔️
What will you see in your Apex One as a Service instance?
- Pop-up for XDR promotion
- Only the Admin (i.e. user account belongs to Administrators / Administrator_and_DLP_Compliance_Officer group) will see this pop-up.
- If the XDR promotion pop-up has been displayed before, the Admin user can re-open the promotion pop-up by clicking the button on the promotion notification bar.
- Promotion notification bar
How to proceed with the on-boarding process?
- Click [Get Trend Micro XDR Now] to redirect to the XDR Onboarding Portal.
- Users can easily log into the XDR Onboarding portal by SSO if they log into Apex Central with a CLP account.
- Once users log into the XDR Onboarding portal, it will prompt the XDR tutorial.
- Once users are on-boarded, the promotion notification bar will prompt different message.
- Your XDR Complimentary Licenses can be viewed in your CLP account.
How to migrate if you would like to use XDR on more agents and get access to Response features?
- You need to purchase an XDR Add-on license (SaaS).
- Once this license is active from CLP, you can convert Complimentary XDR to full mode via Apex One policy.
- Full XDR customers will see the promotion bar to the XDR console (by data center).