When the IPS engine shows offline, there are various possible root causes. Tt includes, but not limited to the following reasons: IPS feature installation failure, network issue between DSA and DSR/DSM, network driver not working, etc.
To find out the specific reason why the IPS engine shows offline, review the system event:
- Log on to the Deep Security Manager (DSM) console and go to Computers. Find the agent you want to check.
- Double-click on the agent and open its properties. Navigate to Overview > General, then click Intrusion Prevention Engine Offline to check.
An optional workaround would be to reinstall the IPS feature.
- Double-click on the agent and open its properties.
- Go to Overview > Intrusion Prevention, and set Configuration to "Off" then save it.
- Set Configuration to "On" and save it again.
If the reason is still not found, collect DSA diagnostic package and contact Trend Micro support for help.