On machines, it may display the following error: "INIT: PANIC: segmentation violation at (nil)! sleeping for 30 seconds".
This article provides the steps when you are unable to boot the TMPS 2.0 Rescue Disk.
The issue is caused by the incompatibility between TMPS 2.0 in supporting devices with Sky Lake - 6th generation (chipset 236). To resolve this issue we recommend for users to apply the hot fix. Do the following:
- Close the Scanning Tool console if it is open.
- Log on to the computer using an account with administrator privileges and connect the Scannint Tool.
- Download tmps_20_sp4_win32_rescuedisk_c236.zip.
- Extract the contents to a local folder on the computer where you have connected the Scanning Tool.
- Copy the SupportTool folder from the USB device into your local drive.
- Double-click the TMPSSuprt.exe file.
- From the Trend Micro Portable Security 2 Diagnostic Toolkit. Go to More Tools > Use for Updates.
- Select Apply Hot fix and click Next.
- Click Browse and select the .bin file from the extracted hot fix provided by Trend Micro.
- Click Apply. A confirmation window opens.
- To update another Scanning Tool, click Yes and browse for the hot fix file.
If the issue persists, it is recommended to check the KB article: Rescue Disk shows "Unrecognized Disk" error message that may also help resolve the issue.