When Outbreak Prevention Policy (OPP) is enabled, it still sees that virus detections are triggered.
Firstly and most important, OPP is a standalone function. To contain outbreaks, Apex One/OfficeScan enforces OPP to lock down file access or isolates infected computers until they are completely risk-free or remediation (i.e. new patterns) are available. It does not disable or stop other existing Apex One/OfficeScan functionalities.
In details, OPP can enable these policies in addition to what is already set on the Apex One/OfficeScan client.
- Limit/Deny access to shared folders
- Block Ports (only available/visible if Firewall is enabled)
- Deny write access to files and folders (excludes mapped drives)
- Deny access to executable compressed files
- Create mutual exclusion (mutex) handling on malware processes/files (only available if Unauthorized Change Prevention service is enabled)
As OPP acts in addition to normal Apex One/OfficeScan functionalities e.g. a Virus Scan detection or Web Reputation detection can still be triggered when OPP is active.
Please be aware of this behavior and plan accordingly. It is recommended to test, train and document the operational steps that need to be taken into account when activating OPP.