This KB article shows the procedure on how to reset Safe Lock agent password remotely using IM.
Update the Safe Lock agent password remotely using Safe Lock Intelligent Manager (SLIM).
You need to know the password of IM Admin.Otherwise, please ask Technical Support for help on how to reset the IM Admin password.
Follow these steps:
- Open a Command prompt window with Windows administrator privileges.
- Navigate to the Safe Lock Intelligent Manager “Safe Lock Remote Tasks Tool” folder inside the installation folder using the cd command (.\Trend Micro\Safe Lock Intelligent Manager\CmdTools\RemoteAgentTasksTool).
The command "SLtasks.exe --help" can display the help.
- Log on the SLIM server by typing the following command:
- Type your SLIM credentials. The CLI confirms a successful login to the server.
- Generate a list of target agents. To limit the query to agents before or after a specific version, append --minversion and --maxversion to the command and type the agent version.
SLtasks.exe --query --minversion <agent_version>SLtasks.exe --query --maxversion <agent_version>
Note that the <agent_version> must be in the form of x.x.xxxx. For example, 3.0.0000.
The results of the query are saved in query_results.csv.
- Set the new administrator password on the target agents identified in query_results.csv by typing the following command:
SLtasks.exe --changepasswordThe password must be 8 to 64 alphanumeric characters. The following characters are not supported: | > : < \ " spaces
Safe Lock Intelligent Manager does not require the old agent password to create a new one.
Ensure the new password matches the confirm password, otherwise the command will abort.
- Log off the Safe Lock Intelligent Manager server by typing the following command:Managing Agents Remotely
The CLI confirms a successful log off from the server.