This article describes the web content caching of Trend Micro Web Security (TMWS).
TMWS Web Content Caching
- For users connected directly to TMWS cloud scanner, the flow for web content caching is: User > Browser cache > TMWS authentication (if needed) > Policy > ATS (cache) > Website.
- For users connected to TMWS On-premise gateway, the flow is: User > Browser cache > TMWS authentication (if needed) > Policy > Website.
- If the browser has web content cache, no request will be sent to TMWS.
- If the ATS (Apache Traffic Server) has web content cache, TMWS will not contact the web server to request for the website.
- TMWS cloud scanner uses ATS as caching server at the backend.
- Web content caching is not configurable and not visible to end-user.
- On-premise gateway does not have ATS service.
- All TMWS cloud scanner instance has local ATS service on same instance. ATS has 5 GB local cache size.
- ATS is configure to follow the RFC for HTTP Caching and save the content based on the expiration time in the HTTP header.