Know the answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the On-Premise Server Migration tool; Migrating the server and Security Agent settings from an on-premises Worry-Free Business Security server to the Worry-Free Business Security Services (WFBS-SVC) web console.
The tool will run for 7 days in order to migrate the security server settings and security agents over to the WFBS-SVC console.
Yes. However, there would be a change in the registry and the tool needs to be re-downloaded once again. We recommend that you contact technical support for further assistance with regards to this issue.
After data has been migrated from WFBS server to WFBSS, the migration cannot be reverted back. The endpoints would no longer report or be managed from the WFBS On Premise after the migration has been completed.
The only global Settings that will be migrated is the exceptions list.
Check for the following:
- License Status - On-Premise license should be active or still within the 30-day grace period.
- Seat Usage - Agents that will be migrated should not exceed the no. Of seats available on WFBS-SVC.
- Policy mode - Policy Mode in WFBS-SVC should be in “Classic Mode”.
Make sure that the policy mode is set to "Classic" instead of the "Advanced Mode"
- Yes, this use case is supported. Since the policy migration will be done per group, it will create separate groups per Security Server.
- The Device and Server Default group of the WFBS Services console will not be affected.