This is an important reminder about the official End-Of-Support (EOS) of Endpoint Application Control (TMEAC) 2.0 on March 31, 2021. Customers are advised to start using Apex One that has integrated Application Control.
What exactly happens after the EOS date?
- After March 31, 2021, standard support services for TMEAC 2.0 will no longer be available. This also means that Trend Micro will no longer develop patches or hot fixes for this version. Updates to the Certified Safe Software list may still continue for a short time, but not guaranteed after this date, and may stop at any time after this date with no notice.
Do we get the same features of TMEAC with Apex One Application Control?
- Yes, Apex One Application Control still has the same Allow, Block and Lockdown rules as TMEAC.
Can I migrate the rules created in TMEAC to Apex One Application Control?
- No, the rules need to be created manually via Apex Central.
How can I perform an Inventory Scan in Apex One Application Control?
- Apex One Application Control would perform an Inventory Scan when a Lockdown rule is configured. Customers can create a list of applications by using the Hash Generation Tool.
If I have further questions, who can I contact?
- Feel free to contact Trend Micro Technical Support.