When trying to update the latest patch for SPS, an error may occur specifying that the most current program is already installed.
In the following example, SPS 3.3 base version (B1064) is being updated to the latest Patch 6 (Build 1252).
This issue occurs when the file is not extracted correctly by the archiving tool used.
For this example, the default MacOS archiver “Archive Utility” was used.
It generated the following files, which splits the patch .tgz file and the .sig file. Uploading this .tgz file will result to the error message since it is not properly extracted.
Below is an extraction using another archiving tool, “The Unarchiver”:
The result shows the correct extracted file:
Uploading this file should allow you to install without the errors.
SPS now updates successfully to the latest version.
To perform a program update:
- Download the patch from the Trend Micro Download Center and then extract the patch package to a temporary folder.
- Log on to the Smart Protection Server 3.3 web console using an account with administrator privileges.
- Navigate to Updates > Program. The Program screen appears.
- Under "Upload Component", click Choose File and navigate to the temporary folder.
- Select the extracted patch (.tgz file) and click Upload. Information on the available program files appears.
- Click Save and Update Now.