Email triggers Scan Exception with the following error:
2020/11/19 15:24:05 GMT+08:00 [10448:4151965424] [NORMAL]An error occurred while virus scan upon entity 4 of message file 'FBEAAF4E-B470-9C05-A2FE-42B0FCB6B1E6'. Error: -91 'NO_SUPP_ERR'.
After bypassing the scan engine error codes in InterScan Messaging Security Virtual Appliance (IMSVA), the emails are still being blocked.
There are instances wherein changes in imss.ini do not propagate automatically to the database even after restarting the IMSS service. Thus, the emails are blocked.
To resolve the issue:
- Access the IMSS database:
/opt/trend/imss/PostgreSQL/bin/psql -U sa -d imss
- Check the value of the key you have added in imss.ini based on KB 000198843.
- Update the value using the following command:
UPDATE tb_global_setting set value=1 where name='VSBIgnNoSuppErr';
- Check again the value of the key you have updated.
- Exit from the database and restart the IMSS service.
The following will now appear in log.imss showing that the file has been bypassed:
2020/11/19 15:27:15 GMT+08:00 [9962:4151912176] [NORMAL]An ignored error occurred while virus scan upon message 'EE35AA9C-B470-A805-94A2-2A816242CB59'. Error: -91 'NO_SUPP_ERR'.