Trend Micro Apex One (Mac) Patch 2 has been released and is now available via the Plug-in Manager Framework of Apex One and OfficeScan XG.
Apex One (Mac) Patch 2 introduces these new features and enhancements:
|Support for macOS Big Sur (11.0)||The Apex One (Mac) Agent can now be installed on endpoints running macOS Big Sur.|
|Enhanced proxy settings||The Apex One (Mac) agent provides the option to connect to the server using system proxy settings.|
|Server-agent Communication||The Apex One (Mac) agent uses HTTPS polling for server-agent communication.|
|Enhanced Web Reputation queries||The Apex One (Mac) agent can send Web Reputation queries for URLs using the HTTPS protocol on Safari, Chrome and Firefox.|
Existing customers of Apex One (Mac) can directly upgrade to Apex One (Mac) Patch 2 via plug-in manager:
- Create a backup of the server using the Apex One (Mac) Backup and Restore Tool.
- Log into the OfficeScan XG or Apex One web console.
- Go to the Plug-ins tab.
- Scroll down to Apex One (Mac) and click Download.
- Wait for the product download to complete then click Upgrade Now.
- Once successful, the server version should be 3.5.3714.
It is recommended to restore the control agent upgrade setting on 1 machine first and observe if there are any issues. Should there be none, this can then be deployed to the rest of the fleet. Apex One (Mac) agents should upgrade accordingly to version 3.5.3712 after applying this upgrade.
For support assistance, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support.