This is an important reminder about the official End-of-Life of Trend Micro InterScan™ Messaging Security Suite (IMSS) 7.5 for Windows and Trend Micro InterScan™ Messaging Security Suite (IMSS) 9.1 for Linux.
|IMSS 7.5 for Windows||Feb 1st, 2021||Jul 1st, 2021||Dec 31st, 2021|
|IMSS 9.1 for Linux||Feb 1st, 2021||Mar 29th, 2024||Mar 31st, 2025|
Users are advised to migrate to InterScan Messaging Security Virtual Appliance (IMSVA) 9.1 and Trend Micro Email Security (TMEMS).
What exactly happens after the EOL date?
Trend Micro will no longer develop bug fixes or patches for IMSS 7.5 for Windows and IMSS 9.1 Linux, and will stop providing technical support for issues encountered after EOL date.
For more info on EOL, refer to the Trend Micro End-of-Life Policy KB article.
What should we do after the EOL date?
- IMSS 7.5 for Windows users can migrate to IMSVA 9.1. For more details, refer to Chapter 5: Upgrading from Previous Versions of the IMSVA 9.1 Installation Guide.
- IMSS 9.1 for Linux users can migrate to TMEMS, refer to the Migrating Data from IMSS or IMSVA section on TMEMS Online Help Center.
Due to the differences in product design between the two products, the following are the settings will NOT be migrated:
For IMSS 7.5 for Windows users, the following settings will NOT be migrated:
- All Control Manager agent settings
- Administrator account user name and password
- Patterns and engines
- SMTP interface and port number
- Some internal settings that affect system performance
- Virtual Analyzer settings
- Transport Layer Security settings
- Activation Code because IMSVA cannot use the Activation Code from IMSS for Windows 7.5
The following Administration > Connections > Components internal ports cannot be migrated:
- IMSS manager port
- Policy service port
- The BATV rule and all related settings do not migrate.
- For IMSS 9.1 for Linux users, you can refer to the TMEMS Online Help Center for detailed info on Data That Will Not Be Migrated.
For support assistance, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support.