The following error is encountered when trying to log on to the TMMS web console:
"Unable to access server. Check your network connection and try again. If he problem persists, contact your network administrator"
Below is an analysis of this issue:
- The TMMS Database will not install when TLS 1.1 and 1.2 are enabled.
- The Mobile Security Service stays running.
- As verified, there is no database installed:
The cause of the issue is that the Mobile Security server cannot connect to the SQL server due to the TLS version enabled.
To resolve the issue, follow these steps:
- Download the database schema here.
- Open the SQL Management Studio.
- Right-click Database then click Restore Database.
- Click Device.
- Locate the database file that you downloaded and click OK.
- Modify the database name under TMDatabase.ini with the restored database.
- Modify TMDatabase.ini by adding the following line:
- Restart the Trend Micro Mobile Security service.
- Verify if the database is now visible on the SQL Management Studio. Also verify if the TMMS web console can be accessed access.