When any alert from the Deep Security Manager (DSM) console is triggered, duplicate emails related to the said alert are sent to the recipient.
This issue is triggered by redundant email address entries in any of the following scenarios:
- The email addresses set on both the Alerts tab > Alert Event Forwarding (From The Manager) and username properties are exactly the same:
- The email addresses set on both the Alerts tab > Alert Event Forwarding (From The Manager) and SMTP tab > "Bounce" email address (optional) are exactly the same:
To avoid the duplicate email alerts, ensure that the email addresses set on the above web console locations are not identical to each other. Below are samples how:
- Option A: On the login account properties, remove the check mark that will allow the other duplicate email to receive alerts and just retain the other entry on the Alerts tab.
- Option B: (For group emails) In case all members of the group email have both accounts to the DSM console and configured to receive alert emails, delete the group address in the Alerts tab.
- Option C: Change the email addresses assigned to either SMTP tab or Alerts tab to make them unique to each other, as well as having one email address not being a member of the other assigned group email.