You encounter the following issues:
- Multiple/Duplicate LogServer.exe are seen; or
- LogServer.exe prevents software from functioning properly.
The issue is specific to third-party software such as Philips IntelliSpace, which also has a process called LogServer.exe. This third-party software does not function properly with another LogServer.exe process running.
Apex One has a LogServer.exe that runs by default to log errors, and can also be used to collect debug logs. It is not recommended as valuable troubleshooting data can be lost, but the Apex One LogServer.exe can be disabled if truly necessary.
To resolve the issue:
- On the Apex One server, edit ofcscan.ini as follows:
[Debug Log Setting]
- On the Apex One web console, deploy the global setting to the agents through Agents > Global Agent Settings > Save.
- On the agent side, check the registry value below:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Debug Log Setting]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Debug Log Setting]
If it does not match, try doing a manual update and then check again.
- Reboot the machine.
If the issue persists, contact Trend Micro Technical Support.