The OfficeScan agent icon disappears from the system tray because the OfficeScan Monitor (PccNTMon.exe) module did not start properly.
To resolve the issue:
- Apply OfficeScan XG Build 5272 or later.
- Open the ofcscan.ini file in the \PCCSRV\ folder in the OfficeScan server installation directory.
- Under the Global Setting section, manually add the AegisDetectPccntmonLaunching key and set its value to "1":
- Save the changes and close the file.
- Open the OfficeScan web console and go to the Agents > Global Agent Settings screen.
- Click Save to deploy the setting to agents.
The OfficeScan server deploys the command to OfficeScan agents and adds the following registry entry on all OfficeScan agent computers:
- Restart the OfficeScan agents.