If you would like to enable security enhancement (Behavior Monitoring) on the server platform, here are some suggestions:
1. Test on your staging environment first, before applying to your production environment.
2. Recommend to set Behavior Monitoring action to (default) Pass action first. (Available in Deep Security Manager version 20.0.313 and above)
3. Monitoring your critical applications and custom developed EXE-file (or home-grown Powerbuilder program)
If there are Malware events detected. After your investigation and confirmed the identified files are not harmful or this is confirmed to be a (False Positive), you can right-click the malware event and click Allow to add the file to Behavior Monitoring scan exclusion list for the computer or policy
You can check the scan exclusion list in the policy or computer editor, under Anti-Malware > Advanced > Behavior Monitoring Protection Exceptions
- Adding your critical applications to Behavior Monitoring Protection Exceptions. This can help avoid False Positive (FP) and also avoid business impacting issues. On the other hand, if your critical applications are compromised, this also prevents Behavior Monitoring from triggering detections.
- NOTE: If you have added your critical applications to Exclusions > Process Image File List before, you don’t have to add it to Behavior Monitoring Protection Exceptions. Anti-malware will not monitor all activities on your application if you already added it to Process Image File List exclusion.
4. Once verified that Behavioral Monitoring is working properly and does not cause any server issue. Make sure Behavior Monitoring is configured to use Active Action instead of (default) Pass action.
Deep Security BM (Behavior Monitoring) "Pass" action is implemented starting with the following build version:
- Deep Security Manager version 20.0.313 and above
- Deep Security Agent (Windows) 220.127.116.119 and above
- Deep Security Agent (Linux) 20.0.0-1822 and above
Please refer to https://success.trendmicro.com/solution/000284760 for more details.