If you get a message "Real-time network traffic has exceeded the maximum bandwidth capacity for your license", it suggests that network traffic Deep Discovery Inspector (DDI) monitors exceeded the maximum bandwidth defined in your license and hardware model. This might cause DDI to not scan a part of the traffic.
To check the maximum allowed bandwidth and current traffic size, do the following:
- Check the Maximum bandwidth capacity allowed through Administration > License.
- Check the network traffic size Deep Discovery Inspector monitors using the Dashboard.
- Go to Dashboard, add a new tab, or select one of existing tab.
- Click Add Widgets, find Monitored Network Traffic in Past 30 Days widget from the list, Click Add.
A red line appears to indicate the maximum bandwidth capacity.
If DDI has exceeded the maximum bandwidth capacity frequently, consider to do the following.
- Narrow down the traffic DDI monitors.
- Filter traffic on the mirroring device, or divide network segments, then transfer the traffic only DDI should monitor, etc.
- Add more DDI devices
- Replace DDI with a high-end model