This shows you how to use the Apex One Settings Export Tool, which allows you to copy Apex One settings from previous OfficeScan versions to the current version.
This version of Apex One supports the following migrations:
- On-premises Apex One servers: From OfficeScan version 11.0 and later
- Apex One as a Service servers: From OfficeScan version XG Service Pack 1
For a complete list of the settings that the Apex One Settings Export Tool migrates, see The Apex One Settings Export Tool.
Older OfficeScan versions may not contain all the settings available in the latest Apex One version. Apex One automatically applies the default settings for any feature not migrated from the previous OfficeScan server version.
- Locate the Server Migration Tool package.
- From the Apex One web console, go to Administration > Settings > Server Migration and click the Download Apex One Settings Export Tool link.
- On the Apex One 2019 server computer, navigate to <Server installation folder>\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\PolicyExportTool.
- Copy the Apex One Settings Export Tool to the source OfficeScan server computer.
You must use the Apex One Settings Export Tool on the source OfficeScan server version to ensure that all data is properly formatted for the new target server. Apex One 2019 is not compatible with older versions of the Server Migration Tool.
- Double-click ApexOneSettingsExportTool.exe to start the Apex One Settings Export Tool. The Apex One Settings Export Tool will start.
The default names of the export packages are:
- ApexOne_Agent_DLP_Policies.zip (used to import DLP policy settings into Apex Central)
- ApexOne_Agent_Policies.zip (used to import all other Security Agent policy settings into Apex Central)
- Server_Settings_Migration.zip (used to import all Security Agent policy settings and OfficeScan server settings to another Apex One server)
- Copy the export package(s) to a location that the destination Apex One or Apex Central server can access.
- Import the settings. Click on the options below:
- Move the old Security Agents to the new Apex One server.
For details about moving Security Agents, see Moving Security Agents to Another Domain or Server or Agent Mover.
After clicking the Apex One Policy Export tool, the "Trend Micro Apex One Policy Export Tool has stopped working" or an application error appears when trying to copy the OfficeScan settings.
- Issue: OfficeScan server information is incorrect
- Log Entries:
[ServerMigrationTool.exe]CExportOsceSettings::ExportConfigToFile - ExportConfigToFile(.\Server_Settings_Migration.zip), ServerVer(12.000000), ServicePackVer(0), PatchVer(0), ServerPath(C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\), BuildVer(5427) - [servermigrationtoolexport.cpp(42)] [ServerMigrationTool.exe]CExportOsceSettings::ExportConfigToFile - Server is OSCE 12 - [servermigrationtoolexport.cpp(113)] [ApexOneSettingsExportTool.exe]ParseScanConfigs - =>ParseScanConfigs() - [policyexporttool.cpp(864)] [ApexOneSettingsExportTool.exe]ParseScanConfigs - Original OSCE version = 12.000000, SP version = 0, Patch version = 0 - [policyexporttool.cpp(865)]
- Solution: Update the registry information of the OfficeScan Server. Do the following:
- Open Registry Editor.
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to the following registry hive:
- For 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\OfficeScan\service\Information
- For 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TrendMicro\OfficeScan\service\Information
- Modify the value of the following keys:
"ServicePack_VersionNumber"=dword:00000001 (REG_DWORD) "ServicePack_Build"="6040" (REG_SZ) (You may go to OSCE web console > Help > About to verify the build version) "ServicePack_Description"="OfficeScan 12.0 Service Pack 1" (REG_SZ) (Only applicable to OSCE XG SP1)
- Execute ApexOneSettingsExportTool.exe and check if the issue will persists.
- Open Registry Editor.