This article will guide you on how to prepare the golden image before deploying the WFBS agent on a non-persistent Citrix Environment, and how to prevent duplicate agents from consuming your license seats.
Duplicate GUID commonly happens every time a non-persistent machine is restarted because as per design, WFBS Services will automatically re-generate agent GUID once rebooted. This issue will generate increasing number of offline agents on the web console which eventually consume the license seat count. To prevent the issue, it is recommended to use our GUID regeneration tool before deploying.
- For WFBS On-Premise: WFBS_WIN_All_ReGenID.exe
- For WFBS Services: Image_Cloning_Deployment_Tool
When cloning the golden image, make sure it CANNOT communicate with the WFBS server. Kindly ensure to turn off the image before provisioning it to a new machine. This is to avoid the agent to have duplicate GUID being generated once it connects to the WFBS server.
- For WFBS On-Premise: Removing inactive Client Security Agents (CSA) from the WFBS On-Premise
- For WFBS Services: Configuring Inactive Security Agent Removal in WFBS Services
Issue: Agent is reporting back to the default Server/Desktop group when the machine reboot
Solution: By default, new agents will report on the its default group. You can add a startup script that will change the Domain and Domain ID (Device Group regkey) of the agent, so they will report back to the Citrix group every reboot. Do the following:
- Go to an agent reporting to the Citrix Group.
- Open Registry Editor.
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to the following registry hive:
- 32 bit: HKLM\Software\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion
- 64 bit: HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion
- Look for Domain and Domain ID.
- Create a startup script that will update the domain group of the agent.