Trend Micro™ Vision One collects and correlates deep activity data across multiple vectors - email, endpoints, servers, cloud workloads, and networks. This enables a level of detection and investigation that is difficult or impossible to achieve with SIEM or individual point solutions. With Trend Micro™ Vision One Complimentary Access, you can now add Vision One and experience XDR network capabilities.
This article provides information about the process for onboarding and migrating to a paid license.
Who will receive the Trend Micro™ Vision One promotion for network?
- Customers with valid Deep Discovery Inspector (DDI) license which is neither expired nor currently in grace period (including full or trial type).
- Customer's DDI license is not issued in Japan or Australia region.
- Customers with DDI version 5.7 GM or higher versions.
- Customer's DDI has not onboarded Trend Micro™ Vision One with Paid/Trial license before.
- Customer's DDI is not managed by Deep Discovery Director (on-premise) before.
What will I see in Deep Discovery Inspector?
In the Promotion notification bar, on the top right part of the page, click [More Details].
After clicking on [More Details], a pop-up notification window appears.
How do I proceed with the onboarding process?
- Click on [Activate your XDR capabilities now] button and it will redirect you to the Trend Micro™ Vision One Onboarding Portal.
The Trend Micro™ Vision One portal will guide users on how to create a Trend Micro account to experience Trend Micro™ Vision One.
Once users log in to the Trend Micro™ Vision One onboarding portal, it will redirect to Network Inventory App and the service provision process starts (provision usually cost 3-5 minutes).
Once the provision is completed, follow the instructions and click [Go] to connect to network sensor (DDI instance).
The following image shows the instructions while interacting with network sensor (DDI instance) version 5.7 SP3 or above which supports auto registration.
Click Continue from network sensor (DDI instance) to confirm the registration.
Take note that the instructions may slightly vary when connecting with different versions of network sensor (DDI instance).
- If your appliance is version 5.7 Service Pack 3 and above, specify the IP address or FQDN and follow the on-screen instructions to connect the appliance to the Network Inventory app.
- If your appliance is version 5.7 / 5.7 Service Pack 1 / 5.7 Service Pack 2, copy the registration token and follow the on-screen instructions to connect the appliance to the Network Inventory app.
Once network sensor (DDI) is successfully registered to Trend Micro™ Vision One, the promotion notification bar will prompt a different message.
Users will be redirected to the Trend Micro Vision One log-in page and start to experience the XDR Network capabilities after clicking Open Console.
If I would like to use Trend Micro™ Vision One on more DDI Instances or higher network bandwidth, how do I migrate to paid license?
- Customers should purchase XDR Addon: Deep Discovery Inspector license.
- Once this license is activated from CLP, customers can add more network sensors (DDI through the Network Sensor Inventory App on Trend Micro™ Vision One without bandwidth limitation.