Upon clicking the Update Now button, the message "Unable to connect to the server. There may be a problem with the server or network or the proxy information is incorrect" appears and OfficeScan client/agent machines cannot download the updates using a regular user account.
This issue occurs due to incorrect folder permissions in OfficeScan.
To resolve the issue:
- Configure IIS to allow IIS to control password.
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager under Administrative Tools.
- Choose the <Server Name>, and then expand Web sites.
- Go to Default Web site > OfficeScan. You can also find a web site with the name OfficeScan and if it installs as a virtual web site.
- Right-click OfficeScan virtual folder, then select Properties.
- Click the Directory Security tab and then the Edit button.
- Enable the Anonymous Access and Integrated Windows Authentication options.
- Click the Edit button under the Anonymous Access option.
- Use a valid IUSR_<servername> account.
- Enable the Allow IIS to control password option.
- Apply the changes made.
- Restart the World Wide Web Publishing service.
- Open Services under Administrative Tools.
- Look for World Wide Web Publishing.
- Restart the service.
- Run the SVRSVCSETUP -setprivilege command.
- Open a command prompt.
- Change the directory to ..\pccsrv
- Run the command "SVRSVCSETUP.exe -setprivilege".
Should the issue continue to occur, do the following:
- Download and run the CDT tool.
- Collect the logs and send them to Trend Micro Technical Support for analysis and escalation.